J-1 Information & Resources
We recommend reading the following materials, as they may provide some additional insight into Case Western Reserve University and the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program:
- Please visit our onboarding and pre-arrival procedures website. There are a number of required steps you must take prior to starting your work with Case Western Reserve University. Please read this link with care to ensure you maintain your visa status appropriately.
- J-1 Orientation Slides, written by the VISA Office
- J-1 Orientation Recording, presented by the VISA Office
- J-1 Welcome Brochure, written by the U.S. Department of State's Exchange Visitor Program, BridgeUSA
- J-1 Rights & Responsibilities, written by the U.S. Department of State's Exchange Visitor Program, BridgeUSA
- Case Western Reserve University's Pre-Arrival Guide to living in the Cleveland area.
- Know Your Rights, written by the U.S. Department of State's Exchange Visitor Program, BridgeUSA
- An information pamphlet describing your rights while working in the United States